POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Photon lightmapping questions: : Photon lightmapping questions: Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Photon lightmapping questions:
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Jan 2002 14:02:22
Message: <3C4F089A.6D586854@gmx.de>
Hi there!

I've gotten stuck in an image I'm working on and would like
some information regarding photon lightmapping:

Are the photons brightness dependant on the lightsources RGB
they are shot from? Or are the RGB-values normalized?

Is there a way to use colored photons without showing the
lightsource (and its normal effects of colored lighting)?

If you have a look at the "WIP Sculpt ..." in povray.binaries.images,
you'll see where I'm actually targeting my questions on, and might
know some solution to what I trying to do...

Thanks in advance!

--
Tim Nikias